Milk Stout for Light Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesheperd

Reaction score
Hello guys, I personally like lighter beers, I have actually found a few dark beers such as Belgium 1554 dark lager I love.. ANYWAYS sorry got off subject.. I have milk stout I am currently brewing right now, and in about a week or less I will be bottle conditioning, naturally carbing. And I will really love to trade with someone when that time does come for my milk stout for someone's light beer.. Such as like a cream ale, American light.. Stuff with IBU in the teens.. This milk stout has the IBU of the 30s.. I got the extract kit from my local brew store, I was looking at all the kits and it was between the obktoberfest, American light, and the milk stout (this) and I decided to try this. The reason I would like to try a light home brew beer is because I want to brew a light beer next.. If you would like to trade a beer (I WOULD REALLY PREFER A LIGHT BEER TO TRY) in a couple weeks please post or pm me!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah, I've heard that's a good one. What's the IBU on it,?

Low 20s but no hops added until the last 30 minutes of boil so very little bitterness

Alright well save one for me bud, in about 3 weeks mine will be ready..

Alright then we should be around the same time era;) although mine was done yesterday at day 6.. I tried it.. Wow!! An amazing beer, and it is flat since I haven't carbonated it yet. But I did last night and added 4.5 oz of prime sugar in the Carboy and bottled(; so I had to take another sip today.. The carbonation is actually going pretty quick! Still a ways to go but good enough where I already finished one beer :) DEFIANTLY a 5 star beer from me

I'll bottle next weekend and it'll be ready a couple weeks after that. If you're ready sooner, I've got a few left of the last batch of it I brewed

Well I'll send one in couple weeks.. Because teir in 2 liters right now.. I'll switch a couple in to PET bottles in a couple weeks..

You do realize that your carbonation will be off transferring after priming and you risk oxidation by re bottling

Yeah.. It's got fossil alcohol I guess. It was amazing now it's like wtf.. Taste went away/: I'm sorry man.. I was looking forward to swapping.. It was my first batch so I'm pretty sure I know what I did wrong.. The first day of fermentation I didn't have a swamp cooler and got to warm.. But I really do recommend this beer.. Hey if u don't like it then store it or give it to friends :)

Back