Mighty Arrow Clone Wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcervin

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to clone New Belgium's Mighty Arrow spring seasonal? I'd be curious to get a good extract version and give it a shot. Thank you so much for the help in advance. My cousin loves Mighty Arrow but can only find it in the folly pack at certain times if the year. I kind of want to surprise him with this beer for his birthday so he doesn't have to deal with only 3 at a time, thanks guys!

AHS has an extract clone kit of it. i brewed it but it is still sitting in the carboy right now so no idea how close it is. bottling later this week so will be able to sample it then.

Any chance you could list the items and amounts that were included in the kit? Seems pretty straightforward but I'd like to know the exact ingredients and quantities. Thanks a lot

My APA recipe was based on Mighty Arrow. Maybe not an exact clone, but it's close. It's listed as Kabe's Secret in the recipe dropdown under my avatar over there on the left.

I got the recipe for this beer a while back from emailing the guys. This is what I got in return; they're very helpful.

Hi,

Glad to hear you are a fan of our beers!

Here are some pointers on brewing a Mighty Arrow of your own.

Use about 85% pale malt and 15% Munich style malt (25L color).

Mash for 45 minutes at 65 C.

Boil for 80 minutes.

Shoot for about 30 IBU and use Cascade and Amarillo hops with the majority of them going in at the very end of boil.

Ferment at about 20 degrees C with a neutral Ale yeast.

Dry hop with Cascade and Amarillo after fermentation.

That should give you some indication at least.

Thanks guys for all the help. I'm going to try kabes secret. Sounds like a good first partial mash recipe for me to try out I'll let you know my results soon!

I got the recipe for this beer a while back from emailing the guys. This is what I got in return; they're very helpful.

Hi,

Glad to hear you are a fan of our beers!

Here are some pointers on brewing a Mighty Arrow of your own.

Use about 85% pale malt and 15% Munich style malt (25L color).

Mash for 45 minutes at 65 C.

Boil for 80 minutes.

Shoot for about 30 IBU and use Cascade and Amarillo hops with the majority of them going in at the very end of boil.

Ferment at about 20 degrees C with a neutral Ale yeast.

Dry hop with Cascade and Amarillo after fermentation.

That should give you some indication at least.

...and I taste tons some toasted malt in there as well. Normal coming from NB. What DON'T they put toasted malt in?!?!

Back