midwest honey bee ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmanj

Reaction score
i brewed this beer about 10 weeks ago and it has been bottle conditioning for 6 weeks. it has a strong plastic taste and it doesnt seem to be fading. im wondering if anyone else has brewed this beer and how long before it was drinkable or did it has a similar taste? thanks

A plasticy taste with quite a bit of astringency might mean a bacterial infection. DId you by chance use Irish moss or some other fining agent and still end up with a cloudy beer? Next time you brew ensure very thorough post boil sanitation. Not to say its bad it could just be an infected bottle. Try another bottle. I brewed an all grain version of this ale and the large sample I had didn't taste anything like plastic.

i didnt use any keggle finings. i cant figure out what went wrong because my process has been dialed in (10 batches) for some time and that brew day was just like any other. all of the bottles have the same taste so i wasnt just the one i tried. they are approching 3 months in the bottle andi periodically taste every2 or 3 weeks with no change in flavor. i recently bought a lot of bottles so as long as i have the space i will let them sit and hope for the best. i had one beer that wasnt good after 3months and ended up dumping it so i dont have much hope for it to become drinkable

Latest posts

Back