Midterms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyeary90

Reaction score
It's that time of year again, so for you college students, how are your midterms going?

I took my Real Analysis 2 (Best way to describe that class is think of what would happen if Calculus 2 went on a meth binge) midterm today and I am pretty confident I passed it with at least a B- (which for me is unheard of in that class, I usually get 60% on exams). You have no idea how good this has made my day! I walked into this test with a gloomy mindset thinking "I am probably going to fail" because I have been performing dismally on the homework, but when Iactually started working, only one of the problems made me completely go "WTF?!?!?!" I answered all the true-false and fully answered 6 of the 7 proofs that were assigned. So overall today is a great day! Let's just hope I actually did them right.... lol. As a reward for doing good (at least I think I did, but you never know), I'm going to treat myself to a nice cold IPA =]

Anyone else care to share how their midterms are going?

I remember those days...

More on topic, hubby is about half-way through this term, and both of us are happy that it is at the half-way point. I always found the second term to be worse than the first, in time, organisation, motivation and winter.

Always nice to walk out feeling like it went well :mug:

Earlier this week I took back to back upper divison philosophy midterms. That equates to 3 hours of writing about gnarly things. Now i have finals in about 2 weeks.

Midterms are long behind me. Now I get to gnaw on problems like: how do you re-compile a program when the third-party plugins are no longer available on the web?

my semester is only about a month old but I did take my first test in mechanics. I felt real good about everything but the last problem. my brain was fairly fried by the time I got to it and I just couldn't make sense of it. I'm sure I'll get some partial credit for it but I KNOW I didn't get it right. and, the week before, I totally bombed my calc 2 test. calc 1 was a breeze and I figured calc 2 would be much the same. NOPE! gotta start studying my ass off. luckily he drops one of the tests so this one wont affect my final grade.

Calc 2 didn't bother me after Calc one, but... I did Linear Algebra 1, didn't really put much effort in, only went to half the classes, yada yada, got a 75%. Figured I would take LA 2 for my last science credit, everybody warned me it was worse. So I went to class. Did the practice questions, failed the first assignment. Figured out what I did wrong, felt good about it, failed assignment 2. Repeat for 3 and 4. Went to the midterm, felt good going in, walked out and didn't go back until the final. Did all sorts of study and practice for the final. In the end I got a 45%. If I had done and failed the last 4 assignments I would have probably passed.

Only course I ever failed ever. I still don't even know what it is they were teaching. Or how it applies in real life... and yet I feel that taught me something. (I ended up doing nutrition for my last science course. Much easier. FYI, don't ever eat a polar bear liver, the Vit A overdose will kill you.)

Thats what I'm studying for right now....

Software Engineering, Discrete Math, some accounting class, and Digital Enterprise, some kind of software managemnet class......

My semester is also a month deep. Since I changed schools last semester I'm playing a bit of catch up in engineering here. They're making me take Physics III since they take that instead of Chem II, and re-take Statics. Also Micro-econ is a required General Education, which is funny because my old school would not give me credit for that course for Humanities and Social Sciences, but this school REQUIRES me to take it. Then I'm taking some basic intro classes.

I messed up some basic math on my first Statics exam, which is frustrating because I should have just nailed it all. I slaughtered my first microecon exam, if I end up with less than a 95% in that class I'll be shocked. Physics III is tomorrow, the first section is Thermodynamics, which I've taken a full course on, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I've become so jaded about scholastics since I started working in the real world. I'm back slaving away for my MSEE. Scored a 45/90 on my midterm for my device physics class... high grade in the class btw....

I'm starting to think all the pure academic profs in engineering are just worthless hacks... The guy I have right now just spent a year on sabbatical trying to find a job in the real world only to find that no one wants to hire a worthless ******* who still thinks pen and paper derivations actually accomplish something.

Anyway, only 9 credits left of this BS left until I'm out of academia.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Latest posts

Back