MidHudson Valley, CT Round #23

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
This buy is : OPEN

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks for this delivery.
2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (Poughkeepsie, NY).
3. Paypal will be used. you must send payment as a "Friends and Family" and use a checking account so no fees are assessed. if you send the payment incorrectly and i have to pay fees, you will be responsible for reimbursing me.

ORDER ENTRY

reply to this thread with what you want.
If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me, there will be an additional fee for any payment other than paypal. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY: Will be made to a location in Poughkeepsie.

I will expect participants to work together and figure out a plan to mule sacks for their region. This worked out well last time. in the past we were able to get sacks as far east as Hartford, CT and as far west as Pennsylvania.

K47K will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you.

I will check with distributors but pricing should be similar to past buys:
Best Malts (Vienna, Munich, Pilsner, Wheat) ~$50
Great Western (2row, Pale, etc) ~$40
Briess - Varies
Maris Otter / Golden Promise ~$55-56
others available.

I was just wondering when the next buy would be and here it is. Perfect timing.

Put me down for:
1x Pilsner
1x 2row
2x Golden Promise

If anyone wants to split a sack of Vienna I would be in for that too.

1x Best Pilsner
1x Best wheat
1x Best Vienna
1x Best Munich
2x GW pale
1x Golden Promise
1x Maris Otter

1x GW Pils
1x Pearl Malt
1x Golden Promise
1x Briess White Wheat

Anyone interested in splitting some flaked wheat?

Last edited:
1x Pilsner
1x 2row
1x Marris Otter please

Believe you guys have gotten PBW before? Getting too lazy to keep making it. But may not be logical. In large quantities.

Believe you guys have gotten PBW before? Getting too lazy to keep making it. But may not be logical. In large quantities.

Pbw comes in 50lb pail. Id take 20lb.

Rough idea what the PBW goes for? Yikes $200 retail. Think I’ll make another batch unless we have more folks that want to split

Last edited:
This buy is CLOSED:

Please submit Paypal using Friends and Family to paypal.me/youngman556

NATHANR: $186
GRIDIRON: $365
STICKYFINGER: $373
SAULS: $224.50 (includes 25lb PBW)
RMRPE: $126
MRWALLEY: $88
NAUGLED: $215.50 (includes .5 Vienna)

This buy is CLOSED:

STICKYFINGER: $373 ... PAID

SAULS: $224.50 (includes 25lb PBW)
RMRPE: $126

There is PBW available for split.

This buy is CLOSED:

SAULS: $224.50 .... PAID
RMRPE: $126 .... PAID

This buy is CLOSED:

SAULS: $224.50 .... PAID
RMRPE: $126 .... PAID
MRWALLEY: $88 ... PAID
NATHANR: $186 ... PAID
GRIDIRON: $365 ... PAID

Sorry about that guys, I wasn't getting notices for some reason.

I just paid, should be all set now

Id expect we are looking at friday for delivery. Dealing with some out of stock items.

Order was placed no delivery info yet. Will post here when i have details.

Order was shipped Friday. Delivery likely on Tues or Weds. Email or text to arrange pickup.

Update: delivery looks like it will be today. Contact me to arrange pickup. Unavailable for pickup 8/9-15.

I know that this is closed but are there other things we can get for a good price? I am willing to purchase a few sacks (maybe next time) and am looking to buy some larger quantities (40-80lbs) of aseptic fruit purees. Also things like canners etc may be something I am interested in, in the future. I live in Hebron (about 30 mins east of Harford).

Hmm... is there a way to see the prices?? I was looking at more aseptic puree, some grain and hops and if there is a canner I might be interested in that too.

The latest buy closed a few weeks ago. If you send me your email ill let you know when the next one gets going.

Back