Middle Tennessee Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't seem to understand the new rule that it is for ingredients! I understand them not wanting people making a profit without paying for a vendor membership, but what is wrong with local folks banding together to save money?

personally I'm with you on this but its his site his rules... playing the devils advocate if everyone did this and didn't buy from the vendors on here they would look for a better place to advertise and he would lose those fee's.

As for another grain buy, I am in (as long as I get a barley crusher...lol)...I was hesitant to over do it on the first buy but now that things are coming together with the brewstand, I am getting excited and want to get a little inventory of grains started.

I'd be in for:
1 sack of Pilsner (CM-SPIL)

And I'd be in on splits of any of these
Fawcett Golden Promise (TF-GPRM) I'd like 1/2 a bag
Canadian Malting Wheat Malt (CM-WHET) 1/3 or 1/4 a bag
Gambrinus Honey Malt (GB-HONY) 1/5 bag
Great Western Crystal 120 (GW-C120) 1/5 bag

Id also like to get 3 1# pouches of the Dark Candi Syrup

This is just for reference and to get all those who might be interested in another buy interested as well...

I too would like to get some Dark Candi Syrup and some clear (to use as invert sugar). I have all of this on the spread sheet, I am just wondering if you could do the Thomas Fawcett Dark Crystal 2:ban:

funds sent!

As for the Dark Crystal 2...why that kind instead of the C-120? the DC2 is 0.10/per pound higher...

The Great Western C-120 is only 50 pound sack. We are talking only the difference of a pound. Makes no difference to me. I will let you guys decide:rockin:

Anyone in for a split of Pilsen? Wierd I know but I don't think I need a complete bag, but would like some to do a couple beers.

Anyone in for a split of Pilsen? Wierd I know but I don't think I need a complete bag, but would like some to do a couple beers.

I have a bag and would consider splitting the bag with you. I could order another bag if I need to. I don't have you done for any other splits at this time, I am not missing anything right?

If it will help, i'll take a bag of 6-row, i'm going American Lager all up in here. If not, no worries. And someone would have to keep it for me until the first weekend in April, that's the next time i'll be over there.

_

I have a bag and would consider splitting the bag with you. I could order another bag if I need to. I don't have you done for any other splits at this time, I am not missing anything right?

None yet... I'm still debating what beers I would like to do.

Does anybody want to try some Golden Promise? I'd be willing to split a sack 5 ways. I am also looking for somebody to split a bag of Un-Malted Wheat, I could even split it further. Anybody need any CaraPils? We have several malters to choose from. JCalisi is looking for a guy to split a bag of Rye with him.

This chart may help some folks who are unsure what some of the malts are, I needed the chart as well.

http://kotmf.com/articles/maltnames.php

csuho is hoping to find at least a couple of folks who are interested in some rice hulls and he would also like to see if some folks want to split some PBW.

I had put on mine that I wanted a bag of pilsen, but I could split the pilsen with you and just get a full sack of Golden Promise...infact I am good with that...

new order

I'd like this...
1 sack of Fawcett Golden Promise (TF-GPRM)

And I'd be in on splits of any of these
Pilsner (CM-SPIL) Split with Maffelw
Canadian Malting Wheat Malt (CM-WHET) 1/3 or 1/4 a bag
Gambrinus Honey Malt (GB-HONY) 1/5 bag
Great Western Crystal 120 (GW-C120) 1/5 bag

Id also like to get 3 1# pouches of the Dark Candi Syrup

I would be in for 1/2 a bag of the cm-6row. Really would like to split a 1/3 or 1/4 of rice hulls with ppl as they are pretty useful and cheap. Also 1/4 a bucket of PBW if not no biggie as I can just get the sun oxygen cleaner and it will be ok not as good as PBW but it will work. I could do 1/4 bag of c-40 and maybe c-60.

j-malone if you only want that much wheat and no1 will split with ya I got around 38#s of German wheat I could get ya if need be I dont think I will use it all anytime soon.

I currently have J-Malone in for a 1/5 of a bag, if he goes up on what he wants of that I will have to make adjustments. It will be no biggie.

Here is an update on the splits: 1 person is needed to split a bag of Golden, 2/5 of a bag of Crystal 40 is available, 4 more people are needed on a 5-way split of Aeromatic Malt, 3 more people are needed for a 5-way split of Munich, 1 more person is needed for a 5-way split of Honey Malt, 1 more for a 2-way split of wheat, a couple of people are needed on some sort of split of un-malted wheat (used in Wits and Lambics), need a person or 2(3) for a split of Rye.

I could do 1/5 of the c40. Maybe some1 that is good with excel and do up a spreadsheet with the updated amounts of what not just a thought its what we do for the sudsuckers buys. If any1 needs vienna I got a most of a whole bag if any1 wants some.

I would like the great western more so than the thomas fawcett on the c-40. Not sure if the others are the same it would save us .10 a pound.

I would like the great western more so than the thomas fawcett on the c-40. Not sure if the others are the same it would save us .10 a pound.

Great Western is only 50# bags instead of 55#...so everyone would get 1# less

Back