Micromega cn77333 help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runningweird

Reaction score
http://www.omega.com/Manuals/manualpdf/M2491.pdf

this is the link to the PID, it's a cn77333 I bought through the classifieds section several years ago. I have it wired to power on and it reads the RTD temp but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it work with my SSR. I know the ssr is good because it works with my other Omega PID - a cn76020.

I feel stupid, has anyone worked with this model before ? can anyone offer some help?

See page 3 of user manual. Model number cn77333 signifies that the output of the PID is two 5 amp relays. You need 10 vdc pulsed output to drive an SSR. This would be model number cn77344. Your PID will not drive an external SSR.

actually, screw that. I don't need a PID for my boil, I will just leave the micromega in place as a temp reader and install my old pwm in my panel. cheaper and easier. hooray laziness!

I have a Watlow PID with relay output that I hacked to get a voltage pulse. I desoldered the relay and soldered in a wire connecting the line that powered the relay coil to the output. It has been working fine to drive an SSR.

Latest posts

Back