Microbrewery semi auto canning machines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaša Ratkai

Reaction score
So basically we are starting a microbrewery in Europe, which will produce around 5000 litres of beer per month or around 1320 gallons.

So my question is it possible to go cans on such a small scale or bottling is the only option?

I have an offer for semi auto bottling machine which costs around 5000 euros.

Are there any comparable canning machines for that price or up to 10k?

Thanks for any suggestions and links!

So basically we are starting a microbrewery in Europe, which will produce around 5000 litres of beer per month or around 1320 gallons.

So my question is it possible to go cans on such a small scale or bottling is the only option?

I have an offer for semi auto bottling machine which costs around 5000 euros.

Are there any comparable canning machines for that price or up to 10k?

Thanks for any suggestions and links!
From a business standpoint I personally would hold up and see exactly what your demand will be on your beer. Always better to sell a pint than a packaged beer at a profit stand point. That being said, Do they have mobile canning companies in the uk as they do in the US? You can literally pay for the service and they bring their canning line to you and package your beer for you. If so this is a good option in the beginning to see what your market is like. Again this is only from a overall business standpoint to see your proof of concept before investing in equipment you may not necessarily need right away

From a business standpoint I personally would hold up and see exactly what your demand will be on your beer. Always better to sell a pint than a packaged beer at a profit stand point. That being said, Do they have mobile canning companies in the uk as they do in the US? You can literally pay for the service and they bring their canning line to you and package your beer for you. If so this is a good option in the beginning to see what your market is like. Again this is only from a overall business standpoint to see your proof of concept before investing in equipment you may not necessarily need right away
Problem is that I'm from Slovenia where craft scene is in evolving stage and there are no options that someone else would package my product.
Also we divided our budget like that, that we can afford our own packaging line.

I work at a craft brewery here in the States and we do about 20000 BBL a year (about 2.3 million liters). We run a Wild Goose with 4 fillheads, a depal to load cans, a low fill detector, a labeler and a paktech and that is around the ballpark of $300000. Wild Goose is a pretty standard goto company for non-rotary head canning. They run various options and add-ons that can have a wide price range. I am completely unaware if they do stuff internationally or of any European canning companies.

This is a homebrew forum and your line of professional scale packaging may be out of depth for here. Mass packaging consistent quality product is arguably the most complex aspect of professional brewing. I mean how many homebrewers on here can relate to having an excellent tasting beer in the fermenter or keg only to have it drop in quality once it was transferred to bottles or cans. Now imagine trying to replicate that process on a grand scale by thousands of times. We have a meter that we use to test for DO and TPO levels throughout the brewery and if you are not significantly familiar with your machinery, the packaging process, and the product being packaged you run significant risk of putting bad product to market.

Back