microbrew startup basic questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jholiday87

Reaction score
I am new to the microbrew system...:rockin:

Would a 15bbl tank system be sufficient for a year round business going to be selling 3-4 taps? or would I need more tanks to supply?
is there a tank size variety needed for different brews?
what is a good estimate for different tank sizes(bbl)? used and new?
any sites that could be helpful?

:ban:

Not to be *****ey, but this requires a ton of research. I'd highly recommend getting in touch with a consulting firm, and doing market research in your area. How much beer you're going to sell, and how often you're willing to brew will really make a difference in what kinda setup you're going to need. We've been looking at anywhere from a 4-10 barrel brew house and appropriately sized fermenters and bright/serving tanks. Deciding between new and used will depend on the type of financial backing you have. New is expensive, and there's a lot of quality used equipment out there that's much more affordable.

I'm a brewer, not a businessman or a management-type, so I'm just passing on what I've been told by the group I'm currently looking to start up with. Lots of research on their part, long hours with consultants.

Latest posts

Back