michigan brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benweller

Reaction score
hello everyone. I have been referring to this site a lot when i have questions brewing and i can usually find an answer, so i finally decided to start an account to actually discuss with you. I have been brewing for about a year so i have a lot to learn still. Do we have anyone else in here from michigan?

There are tons of homebrewers from Michigan on this forum. Check out the Michigan Mashers in the Groups section.

Ionia... Closest Home Brew stores are Red Salamander in Grand Ledge and Siciliano's in GR.

There are tons of homebrewers from Michigan on this forum. Check out the Michigan Mashers in the Groups section.

Ionia... Closest Home Brew stores are Red Salamander in Grand Ledge and Siciliano's in GR.
actually for ionia, red salamander and paulys (in lowell) are the two closest. paulys is awesome. they have a great selection of craft brew as well as supplies.

thank you for the warm welcome. i am sure i will be getting in trouble with the wife for constantly being on this site. as stated i started brewing about a year ago and i think i just may be obsessed. i have a brewing buddy and he tried it a couple of times previously before talking about it again with me. i watched a few videos on youtube and knew right away that i wanted in....anyway i hope to have many good conversation with you all. i rely heavily on information from experienced so you will be hearing from me a lot!

Welcome from the Western Burbs of Detroit ~ Liberty Street @ Plmouth / Adventures in Homebrewing are my boys

I never heard of some of the towns you guys mentioned- I gotta get out more!

Welcome to HBT. Look around, and feel free to ask questions. We're a pretty friendly group overall. Except for me- I'm sort of old and crabby sometimes. :D

I never heard of some of the towns you guys mentioned- I gotta get out more!

Welcome to HBT. Look around, and feel free to ask questions. We're a pretty friendly group overall. Except for me- I'm sort of old and crabby sometimes. :D
yeah i havent heard of some of these towns either. goodells? where in the heck is that? Ionia (for those that dont know) is right smack in between Grand Rapids and Lansing. I like it over here. for da yoopers, I am sorry I havent made it very far into your territory. A buddy of mine goes to Pictured Rocks to camp every year and visits lake superior brewing. i havent gone yet, but will be very soon. I have made it as far as st. ignace and the mystery spot.....i know i am ashamed of myself.

I do need to say though....i dont care if you are closer to Green Bay than Detroit....WHERE IS YOUR ALLEGIANCE!?!?!?!? You guys better be careful up there. What would Izzo and Marriucci think?

yeah i went back to your original post and saw that you had said it was near port huron. i google mapped it. is there really even a town? it looks like a couple of large farms. lol

Greetings from Reed City! Keep an eye out for a local Brewday sponsored by one of us HBT members. It's a great, fun, gathering of hombrewers who brew, eat, and BS all day! Good time!

benweller said:
yeah i went back to your original post and saw that you had said it was near port huron. i google mapped it. is there really even a town? it looks like a couple of large farms. lol

LOL!! Country Living! I'm not sure if there's a town:)

I do need to say though....i dont care if you are closer to Green Bay than Detroit....WHERE IS YOUR ALLEGIANCE!?!?!?!? You guys better be careful up there. What would Izzo and Marriucci think?

Um, as you know Izzo and Mariucci are from my area. I think their families (at least the Izzos) are huge Packer fans.

I really doubt that Steve is still a Lions fan after what happened to him!

Welcome! I'm from North Oakland County on the border of Oxford and Ortonville. I joined this site in November and it has been incredible! I'm relatively new to the world of home brewing and the information, answers, and support that I have received from the members of HBT has been invaluable. I'm an extract brewer, but am gradually accumulating the equipment and knowledge to try my hand at all grain brewing in the near future. I'm just finishing up my basement bar build and am embarking on a keezer building adventure this week. This site and the members are awesome, but all of the new ideas are costing me a fortune! :drunk: Cheers!

Oh wow I had no idea there were so many from MI here. Anyone in GR?

Yep, there are a few. I can't remember them all now, but I met some at a homebrew club meeting at The Hideout back in September. I know FSR402 is one, and HeartBreakHotel is another from GR. I met others, but can't remember their HBT Ids at the moment.

They have a very active (and fun!) homebrew club. I'd definitely recommend finding them and going to a few meetings.

Ahhh Michigan. Lived in Lansing, worked in Livonia and Grand Rapids. Born and raised there. Now I live in Massachusetts... sad, I miss Michigan.

Ahhh Michigan. Lived in Lansing, worked in Livonia and Grand Rapids. Born and raised there. Now I live in Massachusetts... sad, I miss Michigan.
i have never lived anywhere else other than Ionia Michigan. I always wonder about leaving. I love Michigan too much though. i wont be sad if I never leave. I guess that what vacationing is for.

Back