Metallic flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrelsien

Reaction score
So I am fairly new to brewing, but I am anxious to try new things. I recently purchased some new equipment and ingredients with money I made selling scrap metal. So in honor of that, I am brewing a beer. I like to do graphic design and make custom labels for my brews and I have made a label for what I am calling " 'Merican Lager. " I have heard of beer flavor being described as having 'metallic' tones, such as in Busch light. I was wondering if anyone knew how to achieve this? I know it seems like something that you would not want in your beer but I feel that if done right, the guys I drink with would love it. any suggestions welcome I am open for experimenting.

Typically, it is a case of actual metal reacting with the beer (beer in a can).

My advice? Take some aluminum, put it in a secondary, and rack a very light style onto the aluminum. Also, expose it to the sun so the hops start to react.

Would I drink this? Hell no. But, it may give you what you're looking for.

Latest posts

Back