Metal toolbox for march pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dale1038

Reaction score
Would there be any problem with using a metal toolbox to mount my pump? Specifically in relation to the fact the pump is magnetic. I didn't even think about it until I went to measure and the pump head stuck to the side of the box. Thanks!

Hi

No problem with the magnetic stuff. The motor on the pump is air cooled. If you cut off the flow of air, the motor may overheat....

Bob

That's good to know. So probably open the toolbox if I'm using it for an extended amount of time. I searched and could only find plastic toolboxes. I'm sure someone has done it, just wanted to make sure.

That's good to know. So probably open the toolbox if I'm using it for an extended amount of time. I searched and could only find plastic toolboxes. I'm sure someone has done it, just wanted to make sure.

I have mine in a plastic toolbox. I've run it for over 24 hours non-stop in that box. It will do the job.

I have a matrix of holes drilled on one end. No fan.

IMG_05582.JPG
IMG_05554.JPG

Hi

A lot of this comes down to things that are tough to measure. How much hotter is the motor when in enclosure X than in free air. How much does that impact the life of the motor. Usually these things aren't catastrophic. They just make it wear out faster. Of course the motor is rarely the thing that goes first on a pump...

Bob

Back