Memorial day brew day help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbentley40

Reaction score
Hey guys.. been a while since I been on here.. life has been crazy so its been a while since I got to brew. I really want to brew on Memorial Day, but I dont have time to order anything. We do have one local store that carries some stuff, but choices might be limited. I have the following grains on hand already put together in a bag so I cant split them up if I use them.. they are the base of my Dogfish Pumpkin clone listed here.. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/dogfish-pumpkin-clone-questions-349561/

Anyway.. can anyone give me some ideas of a brew I could make with these ingredients? I can possibly add more to it, but cant take away from what I have here.

10 lbs pale 2 row malt
1 lbs Special Roast
1 lbs Crystal 60

If I didnt do any of the pumpkin or spices, anyone have any idea what kind of beer I could expect with this list? Any hop/yeast ideas?

Thanks all!

My Mem. weekend brew is 9 lbs of Golden Promise mashed at 149 with a little Centennial at 60 for about 20 IBUs, and a clean ale yeast, which makes a darn fine lawnmower beer. Downed the keg in three weeks last time. I bet 10 lbs of 2-row on its own with a little bittering hop addition would be just as good too.

As I stated.. I cannot separate the grains. I ordered them for my pumpkin brew and they are all in one bag. So unfortunately I cannot just use the 10lbs of 2-row, its all or nothing.

You'd probably get a nice brown ale with that grain bill. It'll be kinda sweet from the crystal and Special Roast, so maybe a 150 or so mash temp would get a nice light bodied brown ale.

Would there be any way to add some more to the grain bill and make this something along the lines of a Wee Heavy?

Yep, and I only need to add 2lbs of 2-row, 1lb of munich, .15 roasted barley and .1 Chocolate to what I have. Hopefully I can find those locally.

Back