Meeting With Ken Grossman!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgrayson726

Reaction score
I am a student at Arizona State University and I am taking a 400 level course entitled "The Chemical and Cultural History of Beer." This Saturday kicks off Arizona Beer Week! I am fortunate enough to have a chance with my class to meet Ken Grossman, founder/owner of Sierra Nevada. He is the person who revolutionized craft beer as we know it! My class is meeting him a week from today (next Tuesday). I am very excited about this. I know that we are going hear him speak, but there also might be a Q&A.

So, I am asking you HBT, what sort of questions would you like to know? I'll try to get answers back to as many questions as I can!

Didn't Fritz Maytag get this whole thing started?

Anyway should be an awesome event! I never can come up with questions for famous people like this, so I got nothing there. But still an incredible opportunity!

I seem to recall they use open fermenters. Maybe a question about sanitation in relation to open fermentation? Or something about the "hop torpedo" they use for hoppy goodness in the IPA?

Back