Medalla Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douhof

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody had a recipe for the Puerto Rican beer Medalla Light? It's a light beer that doesn't taste like a light beer and in fact it has won some awards...it's really quite good.

Anyway, my girlfriend doesn't much care for homebrews so I was wanting to make her a Medalla Light clone if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AHS has a Medalla Light Clone kit. As a matter of fact, mine arrived yesterday and I'm planning on brewing it tomorrow. :ban: I'll keep you posted, as I was a Medalla drinker when I lived in Puerto Rico. :tank:

Not yet. The instructions said to ferment between 50 and 60F for ten days then to raise to 60-70 for at least a couple of days before racking to 2ry. Well I just raised the temp today but didn't sample it because it is extremely cloudy. None of the yeast has dropped off. I don't know if this is normal since its the first time I'm using lager yeast.

How is it comming with the Medalla clones? Any luck with your first lager? I'm waiting to hear how yours turned out to see if it's worth to buy the kit. Meanwhile, my family came from the island to visit and brought me a case...they're almost gone! Will try to save one or two for comparison purposes.

Well I've been busy/lazy lately. I moved the primary upstairs for the 2-day d-rest at 60-70°F, and it's been 10 days already (oops!). I hope I won't get any off-flavors leaving my lager on the yeast cake at approximately 70°F for 10+ days.

I'll rack it to secondary probably on Tuesday and move it back to the basement for the clarification.

PS: I'm visiting PR next month so I'll have plenty of fresh Medallas under a plam tree on the beach :)

So the Medalla has been clarifying in 2ry for a week now (at least 2 more to go). I tasted the hydro sample while racking and it absolutely tasted like Medalla :D

Just drank a couple today while washing the car. Freaking awesome! Actually it tastes better than the real thing because it has that home-brew flavor! I recommend it. Perfect for these hot summer days.

hey im gladd you were able to find this kit. i was wondering if it could be made from scratch. can you tell the actual ingredients? or were they all secret?

I made a clone of it and it is currently ready to bottle... let's see how it comes out> Going to PR in 2 weeks and bringing back some Medallas with me to compare taste.

BUMP! Need to revive this, is this kit still attainable? Or does anyone have the recipe?

I havent had a Medalla in a while.

I believe AHS has it available. I want to get it, but would like to see recipe first before I buy it. Need to know if I have the equipment to ferment

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Its currently out of stock. :(. Can anyone post the ingrediants/instructions on this?

Latest posts

Back