mead recipe question(need some input!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC_Brewski420

Reaction score
ok guys check it out im sure this may have been brought up before or maybe not..

im a big fan of my southern style sweet tea is there gonna be any problems making a sweet tea stylemead with my fave tea bags and some good ole table sugar
*Southern Style Sweet Tea Mead*
my plan is to make a one gal batch for just myself and my wife (both big tea drinkers).. this is what i want to use the amounts i will use i havent determined yet!

a light clover honey ( so not to much honey flavor comes thru and it lets the tea stand out on its own)

plain ole cane sugar
luizzane southern stlye tea bags
a small lemon

am i going to run into any problems with any of these ingreidents if so what can i use to remedy the problem. how many tea bags should i use for this batch i use 5 teabags in a gallon of tea should that be enough or should i go with more??

I don't know why you would need cane sugar when you have the honey? I would cold steep the tea bags instead of boiling them because you will introduce a hell of a lot of tannins which might make it run too bitter.

If you want that flavor, ferment it dry, then backsweeten with the sugar, and hope it comes out

Back