Mead has been fermenting 2+ months still sweet.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was starting to get clear. But I wasn't happy with the headspace - So more pineapple went in, froze it, thawed it, mushed it and warmed it and put it in. Lets see, I actually think it will clean up nice in a few weeks.
Cool.
Srinath.

It was starting to get clear. But I wasn't happy with the headspace - So more pineapple went in, froze it, thawed it, mushed it and warmed it and put it in. Lets see, I actually think it will clean up nice in a few weeks.
Cool.
Srinath.
it may start to ferment from the new sugars

Thanks, the crushed fruit has helped. Most of the fruit has started to settle and mead is starting to clear. I'm guessing another week and its ready to be drunk. I'll get the yeast recommended in the BOMM thread for next batch, this 9 month mead is turning out to take up too much real estate for too long.

Cool.
Srinath.

Personal taste and type. Try it both ways. Some flavors are too strong when it’s warm and would taste better chilled.

Oooo great its cleared up fruits all dropped to the bottom and it tastes like - well - well - honey without the sweetness. Drank 2 sips at room temperature, and the knot of warmth in my belly was fantastic. Is that what its supposed to do ?
BTW 3-4 months ago I had a cup that was still sweet and tasted very very good - I posted earlier about it, and it made my whole upper body feel warm. Almost break a sweat warm - and that was in freaking January. I'll make a second batch - use better yeast this time and not mish mosh 3 types in it. There's no problem with that IMHO - Just takes time time time time …
Cool.
Srinath.

All done drunken - man was it great. Yea bone dry honey flavor, barely detect the pineapple and didn't taste the raisins at all. It was very clear in the gallon bottle, the glass started to frost by the time I took the picture.

Cool.
Srinath.

Attachments

• Mead_gravity3.jpg
    Mead_gravity3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Mead_glass.jpg
    Mead_glass.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 10
Back