MD spring brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most still have labels and I can't guarantee how clean they are but they are all yours. How many cases you want?

How many do you got? Five or six would probably be a good number.

I need to talk to joe to see if we are riding down together or not. If we are then I don't know how many we will be able to fit. I'll see what I can do though. I probably have 10-15 cases and I only want to keep 2 or 4.

Okay, I think I know what all I need to bring:

1. Ingredients for the saison (pils, wheat, yeast and the chai spice)
2. Cold plate for dig dug
3. Wild brews for Wes
4. $ for Stefin (grain buy)
5. Beer, might have a surprise or two

Am I missing anything?

Good thing you said something about the cold plate. I would have forgot to bring enough cash.

3. Wild brews for Wes

Am I missing anything?

Already got Wild Brews bro. That reminds me I was still gonna bring Brew Like a Monk for you.

3. Wild brews for Wes

Am I missing anything?

Weren't there other hops? I got the EKGs, but I thought there were other hops in the recipe that you were gonna get.

Let me know if I need to run to the store later today.

Weren't there other hops? I got the EKGs, but I thought there were other hops in the recipe that you were gonna get.

Let me know if I need to run to the store later today.

See, this is why I posted that. I have the Styran Goldings. Will bring them too.

I've got a container of coleslaw and potato salad, and some chips. And if I get really ambitious, I might make some brownies. :mug: See you tomorrow!

I figured a year was enough time for people to forget... ;)

I've got a young batch of graff I'm happy to lend to your fun time too.

Had a great time yesterday! My throat/chest and arms are unfortunately and vibrantly red, but I didn't end up passed out on the floor, so I think, all-in-all, it was a success. ;) Thanks for the awesome pork, Al and Colin!

Here are the few pictures I took:

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

Mmmm....that's gonna be some tasty beer.
IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

lol great pics, Janet! It was great to finally meet you and of course to see everyone again!

Holy hell, there were cameras?!?! Mike/Joe, sorry about bailing later that night. I literally got home and passed out. I must have drank more than I had thought.

The saison took off like a bandit. Thank god I had blow offs on it.

hehehehe yeah, there was some sitting going on, thought my feet hurt like hell from all the standing I did when there were no cameras around.

No worries about bailing, it's not like you live a million miles away if you want to hang some other time :)

Ok, we know there's a good brewday happening when:

1) More bottles than you can count are lying around the garage. Plus side: I got more wine bottles and 22oz for mead. Minus: I'm now stockpiling 12oz for whoever wants to pick them up next brew day.

2) I inherited more clothes than when I started.
a. Sweatshirt in the garage -- Ryan called and claimed this one
b. Pair of shoes in the basement -- Ben claimed those
c. Single white sock left on a chair in the dining room -- yet unclaimed

On a bright note - we did some damage to the lemonade mead keg. it was about 4g when we started, but Mike thinks there's barely a gallon or so left.

That lemonade mead was awesome mixed with the pale ale. But I also think it was why I went home and zoned out on the couch for 4 hours.

Latest posts

Back