MD spring brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to me, if you guys ever want to do that size batch again, talk to some local breweries about using their pilot system or something. Avoid pulling your hair out, or shoving your arm in to fix a stuck SS braid. :cross:

that was the best part! I even have a scar from it....

I'll be brewing here in Gaithersburg! I brewed 2 batches that day 13 days ago when we had the 1st blizzard. Transferred one of them to the secondary during the second blizzard on that Wednesday!

I'll be brewing here in Gaithersburg! I brewed 2 batches that day 13 days ago when we had the 1st blizzard. Transferred one of them to the secondary during the second blizzard on that Wednesday!

Hey where are you at in Gaithersburg? I'm in the middle of the Montgomery Village Golf Course while on contract at MedImmune. I also brewed in the blizzard (sort of...shoveled snow out of the way at least). Let's trade beers!

On Topic: I think I should be able to make a brew day in Joppa.

Hey where are you at in Gaithersburg? I'm in the middle of the Montgomery Village Golf Course while on contract at MedImmune. I also brewed in the blizzard (sort of...shoveled snow out of the way at least). Let's trade beers!

On Topic: I think I should be able to make a brew day in Joppa.

I'm right off 124 a little north of the airpark.. I haven't bottled it yet but that sounds like a good idea!

God, I typed out this PM for Madman, based on our conversation at my house this weekend, but his PM box is over the limit. DigDug, see to it he gets this:

Blueberry Cider

I used 3G of fresh apple cider, 3 pounds of frozen berries, crushed by a potato masher in the fermenter, a chopped package of craisens, a can of pie blueberries in syrup, 2 pounds of lt brown sugar and 1 capdem tablet. Let it sit for 24 hours with the capdem tablet, then pitched yeast (dry wine yeast). After 2-3 weeks, I racked and added 3 more pounds of chopped blueberries, this time fromt he food processor, and in a hop sock. I then let this age like 3-4 weeks, and racked into a clkean fermenter. Then again after a month, and finally let that sit another month.

Ryan

You PM me and I'll send you directions, just because I don't like posting it out for all the world to see.

Of course, you could try your method, Joppa isn't very big. :p

I've never made it out to one of these, but would like to try. Is the water hard or soft? Do you all fight over the garden hose? I'm only set up for 5 gal batches, which is fine by me, unless someone plans to make 10 that doesn't have a partner yet. Although I'm not 100% sure I can make it yet.

we dont have issues with the filter, at least i never have. Im not sure i would try to make a light lager there.... but for most styles the water is fine!

I've never made it out to one of these, but would like to try. Is the water hard or soft? Do you all fight over the garden hose? I'm only set up for 5 gal batches, which is fine by me, unless someone plans to make 10 that doesn't have a partner yet. Although I'm not 100% sure I can make it yet.

Last time, there was a wait for the hose for CFCs. I'm thinking of picking up a 2 way splitter, and bringing an extra hose to help combat this. Don't know how that would affect the volume/cooling though. Either that or we can "borrow" the neighbors faucet.:D

I'm not 100% sure I'm going to make it this time either, but if I do, I'll split a batch with someone.

A wit or saison I'm thinking....

I do have 2 hoses, and will try to remember to pick up my own splitter, but you're right - the fight for the hose is getting to be a pain.

Just gotta stagger our batches a little better. :p

I've got a pump and CFC I can bring, but it's configured with brass QD's from mcmaster-carr. So unless someone has those on their rig, my pump/CFC probably won't be much good to anyone but me.

I do have a couple extra male QDs, if someone would want to use one on their boil kettle now that I think about it...that would solve the above stated problem I suppose.

God, I typed out this PM for Madman, based on our conversation at my house this weekend, but his PM box is over the limit. DigDug, see to it he gets this:

Blueberry Cider

I used 3G of fresh apple cider, 3 pounds of frozen berries, crushed by a potato masher in the fermenter, a chopped package of craisens, a can of pie blueberries in syrup, 2 pounds of lt brown sugar and 1 capdem tablet. Let it sit for 24 hours with the capdem tablet, then pitched yeast (dry wine yeast). After 2-3 weeks, I racked and added 3 more pounds of chopped blueberries, this time fromt he food processor, and in a hop sock. I then let this age like 3-4 weeks, and racked into a clkean fermenter. Then again after a month, and finally let that sit another month.

Ryan

Rockin! I also cleaned out my inbox :drunk:

But we need a working pump.

I hate you guys with so much love.

Jay, if you do not do a saison at brewday, I am game to split one in the near-ish future. I am doing the chai one with Al, but think I want an unspiced one soon.

What's the address for the brew day? Should we bring some brews to share or compete with? I would want to bring some to share no matter what :mug:

no one competes. its just a given that my **** is the best! but sure bring some to sample :D and pm jezter6 hell send you the addy

Sheeesh!! Ladies, there's no need to argue about this. Everyone knows my Chocolate Mint Stout is the shiznit :mug:

Latest posts

Back