max time in secondary, carb tabs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DivingBiker87

Reaction score
i can leave beer in the secondary for any length of time correct?

also do the carb tabs that you add to the beer work well? any kind of off flavor? also do these require the yeast to still be alive? or work a different way?

if i leave my beer in secondary for a month will i have to worry about adding yeast for a normal carb from sugar or will some still be active enough?

You can leave the beer in the secondary for too long obviously but a month is certainly not too long at all. The longer the beer sits the less yeast will be in solution but a month should be fine, it may take a little longer to carb, maybe a week extra or so but then of course that all depends on temperature too!

I have never used carb tabs but they should not cause any "off" flavors, I think they are just sugar that has been tabletized for standardized portions(ie, enough sugar for one bottle).

I boil 2 cups of water with 4 to 4.25oz of corn sugar then add to the beer in the bottling bucket and stir well(without aeration). If you do not have a bottling bucket I recommend getting one. Soooo much easier and they are not very pricey!

Just my humble opininon.:)

Latest posts

Back