Mauribrew yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alemaker

Reaction score
I stumbled across so posts here about Mauribrew Ale yeast that supposedly ferments cleanly up to 86F. If it can actually do this, and if it produces a good flavor profile, my fermentation capabilities would be GREATLY expanded.

Does anyone have much experience with this yeast, and where can I buy it? It seems not very easy to find.

Yeah, I read that. It looks like it's geared towards commercial brewers as it only comes in 500g packs. I saw a couple of posts from some home brewers that used it, but didn't find anything about their results.

Sorry I couldn't come up with more, but I don't use dry yeast all that often. Hopefully someone with real results will post them for you.

Coopers Original Series yeast is Mauri yeast. Coopers claims it's a proprietary strain made just for them. But the specs for Mauri's commercial yeast sounds a lot like Coopers.

Coopers Original Series yeast is Mauri yeast. Coopers claims it's a proprietary strain made just for them. But the specs for Mauri's commercial yeast sounds a lot like Coopers.

it is? Not to doubt you, but do you know this to be a fact, or is that just based on similarities of the specs? They do sound very similar.

it is? Not to doubt you, but do you know this to be a fact, or is that just based on similarities of the specs? They do sound very similar.

It came from Paul Burge, one of Coopers Brewers(?). A lot of people on the Coopers forum are always asking about the yeast and that's what Paul had to say. I want to say Morgan's actually does use the commercial Mauri yeast with their kits.

I bought a brick of it. It is a very lazy yeast. I made a blond ale and it got down to 1.012. My APA's only got down to 1.016 and 1.018 respectively. I guess if you mash at 150F it is okay, but when I mashed at 154F, it just stopped after 3 days. However, it is a good, clean yeast. You can buy bricks and sachets of it here in Canada anywhere, not sure in the US. BTW, I fermented at 67F.

Try here. He sells Mauribrew yeast in singles and 500gm packages. He also carries Fermentis and Nottingham yeasts.

I know this is an old thread, but while beerandwinefilter.com might not have the best website, the owner is very helpful. Give the guy a call and he'll get you set up.

I just came across this yeast for $35/500g and I am really interested in if anyone has used it as I would love to make some agood ales with extremely low cost yeast. This would mainly be for small 1 gallon experiment ales so if anyone has used this stuff for all grain please chime in.

I have just done a couple of extract brews with it. All I can say is "fast fermentation!"

both times it took off after about 4/5 hours and reached estimated FG in less than 48hrs.

final product hasn't been sampled yet.

I have used it on quite a few occasions. There realy is something to be said for it. They even market a lager strain which will tlerate very hight temperatures.
I have fermented with the ale yeast at up to 28c with no problems.

Wanted to bump this.
Making a starter as i was planning on 5 gallons, but doing 10 and only had one pack.
The starter smells like straight up pears... it's awesome!
Doing a pale ale with wakatu, motueka and centennial... so this is gonna be super fruity.

Back