Mauribrew ALE Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstiglich

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just brewed a Pale Ale, and use Mauribrew ALE Yeast to pitch it, but I do not see any fermentation process, so I am wonder how long would it take to start working??

My wort info is; OG 1.046, 4oz total hops, some orange peel at the end of boiling, finally 20 liters into the fermenter.

It is the first time I use this yeast, and following the directions, I rehydrated it with 200ml warm wáter (95°F) and let it stand for 15 minutes....then I add 400ml of wort at 63°F and let it stand for 15 minutes....

After yeast was "ready" to be pitched, I add it to the fermenter, with a fermenter temperatura around 66°F. The room is at the same temp, and no changes, so we must consider a continuous temp of 66°F.

After 24 hours, I got a nice Krausen.

5uqogx.jpg

After 48 hours, Krausen has gone, but I never see any bubbles in the airlock, so I must understand that the yeast has propagate itself (Because I had a Krausen), but I never saw one bubble in the airlock....so fermentation never started??

30arz9v.jpg

I would appreciatte any comments regarding this fermentation. Do I have to wait for a week to see what happend?
If after a week, I measure gravity and it is still the same, do I have to repitch with the same yeast?

Does my wort suffer any off flavors or something else because it has not started fermenting yet... It is with an airlock, so I understand it is safe from a bacterial attack..

It is the first time, I use a rehydrated yeast, because all time I used starters, but I Heard it is not necessary for ALEs, so it is my first time rehydrating, and I am worried, because with my starters, all fermentation were fast and furious!!
It would be a problema with the yeast, or it is typically when you just rehydrate yeast?

Regards,
Kenneth

You had good krausen. You had a good fermentation. It either did not produce much gas or it found a way out of the fermenter bypassing the airlock.

In a week or three, take 2 gravity readings with a day between and determine that fermentation has finished, then package your beer.

Back