Master Vintner Fresh Harvest Fruit Winemaking Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasunkaWitko

Reaction score
Master Vintner Fresh Harvest Fruit Winemaking Kit

My wife bought me one of these kits for my recent birthday, and I am really looking forward to giving it a try:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/master-vintner-fresh-harvest-fruit-winemaking-kit.html

wine-making-kit-fresh-harvest-fruit-wine-kit.jpg

The thing about these kits is that you're not making some sort of Chardonnay, or Merlot, or Riesling etc.; you're making wine from fruit that you have collected (or purchased) yourself. This is perfect for what I want to do, since I tend to like these kinds of projects, and I can't wait to get started.

The kit seems pretty standard - it comes with the fermenter, airlock, tubing and other hardware, plus enzimes, nutrients, stabelisers etc in order to make 15 batches of whatever fruit wine you might want to try. Once you use up these initial replenishable supplies, you can of course get more, and can conceivably make wine with this kit for the rest of your life, if you want.

For my first batch, I'm thinking of making chokecherry wine. I have what should be enough chokecherries to do this, which I packaged in the freezer last autumn. After that, who knows? But I intend to have fun with it, and may eventually move on to more converntional grape wines.

I was wondering if anyone else has one of these, and how your experiences have been?

I don't have a kit, but I have all of that "stuff" since I've been making wine for a very long time. I make mostly fruit wine from fruit we've harvested ourselves. Everything from dandelion wine to tomato wine.

Chokecherry wine is one of my favorites, and it's a daily table wine for us. I've made some heavy bodied and oaked, and some lighter bodied. You'll love it!

I have a bunch of fruit recipes posted in our wine recipe database, if you want to take a look. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

Hi, Yooper, and thanks for weighing in on this. I am definitely looking forward to giving this a go, and can't wait to get started.

I'll be sure to take a look at the database - dandelion and tomato wine are two that I would really like to try.

Back