Mashed in for the first time in 15 months

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onthekeg

Reaction score
I never thought I would quit brewing, but I did. Lots of life happened in the meantime. So, it is time to fill the kegs again! Making my Red Comet, with Comet hops of course.

Hope it works out, I have about 300lbs of grain that is going to have a birthday or recently did!

Welcome back! So tell me- is it like riding a bike? ie. you never forget?

So far it has been, I ran the HLT to 180 mashed in and I was rolling at 152 deg in the cooler. I even added the 1/4 tsp of bss to eliminate the chloramine as I was dumping the water into the HLT. So far so good!!:mug:

Welcome back to the hobby and best of luck on the brew! Wow, 300lbs of grain?!

Yea, I have lots of grain to brew with. I am going to do back to back 15 gallon batches tonight. I am about ready to mash in on the second one. Helps to have 2 mash tuns.;)

By the sounds of things you've got the resources to brew enough to stockpile for 15 months and not run out. Welcome back to brewing, we're all here for life. :mug:

Back