Mash Tun deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah batch sparging is what Im interested in so this will work great I think. I live 25miles from them so pick up is not a problem. Figure I would post this for anyone looking for a fairly inexpensive cooler with some extras.

drost said:
Why do you say he'd have to batch sparge in that cooler?
Your grain bed will be thin and spread out in a rectangular cooler like that, so fly sparging won't be ideal. You could try it, but I suspect you'd have issues evenly distributing the sparge water, and you'd likely wind up with "holes" or "channels" resulting in poor efficiency.

Yuri_Rage said:
Your grain bed will be thin and spread out in a rectangular cooler like that, so fly sparging won't be ideal. You could try it, but I suspect you'd have issues evenly distributing the sparge water, and you'd likely wind up with "holes" or "channels" resulting in poor efficiency.

The reason why I asked is because my cooler is a 48 qt and I've never had an issue with fly sparging. In fact, I've never batch sparged, but am going to try it with my next batch.

Thanks for your explanation.

Back