'Mash Made Easy' version 8.00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver_Is_Money

Larry Sayre, Developer of 'Mash Made Easy'
Reaction score
Announcing the release of 'Mash Made Easy' version 8.00 in both the Standard/US and Metric formats

Changes since the previous 7 series:

Eliminated most of the remaining vestiges of empirical methodology.

Still uniquely based upon the principle of a grists initial (pre-adjustment) mash pH being determined via logarithmic function.

Still uniquely offers kettle pH adjustment and fine tuning via the 'Kettle pH Made Easy' module.

Offers a plethora of bonus tools to assist you with things such as IBU determination, keg or bottle priming, color conversions across Lovibond, SRM, and EBC, and water profiles.

This is a major transformation for MME which warrants a new series numeration. As such all users of previous versions are urged to replace them with version 8.00.

Still free and complete. No teaser leading to a pay version. Simply download at the link seen below.

I just bumped this one up to version 8.01 on my website.

The corrections are:

1) For both the US and Metric versions Ca(OH)2 (calcium hydroxide, slaked lime, pickling lime) was corrected to reflect less downward shift in mash pH due to its calcium ion component, and thus version 8.01 calls for slightly lower Ca(OH)2 additions by which to add alkalinity.

2) For the Metric version only I had failed to update its version number, and this silly programming oversight on my part is corrected with version 8.01.

Back