March Pump 809 Leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
I assembled my brew stand this weekend and started testing all my gas pilots, pumps, connections, etc. and noticed a leak from one of my pumps.

It is a March 809 and it leaks just behind the head with the inputs/outputs. Is this something that is repairable? It looks like there are 4 screws that hold this head on and I could take it off. Is there a gasket that can be replaced or repaired?

I assembled my brew stand this weekend and started testing all my gas pilots, pumps, connections, etc. and noticed a leak from one of my pumps.

It is a March 809 and it leaks just behind the head with the inputs/outputs. Is this something that is repairable? It looks like there are 4 screws that hold this head on and I could take it off. Is there a gasket that can be replaced or repaired?

Did it get dropped? They can crack and you would hardly see it but leak. It could also be the o'ring. Make sure it's not the fittings and just looks like the housing is leaking.

Look: http://www.seafrost.com/809-PUMP.pdf

Not dropped to my knowledge, brand new in box. Is it ok to take that head off and replace a gasket ? It appears to be leaking from the seam and not a cracked head.

I don't remember seeing a gasket behind the head. I guess there's probably one under the back plate of the head, though. If it's new, it may be easier to just send it back and get a replacement.

It does have a very thin o ring on the inside of the housing. It is a no brainer to take it apart, don't be scared. 4 screws on the front , then once the heads off there is 4 more screws on the back side. Take it apart and make sure the o ring is not deformed. If it is I am sure they will send you a new one.

Back