Manifold Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blefferd

Reaction score
My 4 regulator manifold is coming along nicely now. I just got my gauages in the mail today from Northern Brewer, i opted for the 60 PSI ones because they where cheaper (i was drunk when i bought them right after i paid for them i noticed i wanted the 30 psi ones because you could read the finer adjustments easier lol!)
anyways i just need to get the piping and shut off valves for them now and ill be set!

i just have one question, for those of you that have the Perlick Corp Regulator bodys from American Science which port does the gauage go in? i have it in the Primary Port, (one of the two with screens in them) is this the right place?

so far total cost is around 65$ i think

IMG_0481.jpg

Nope - you want them on the secondary ports, with the opposite sides (also reading secondary) heading to your ball/check valves, and out to the kegs.

The primary sides all get hooked up in succession, one end heading to the primary regulator and the other end with either a cap or a final valve headed to the keg with the highest pressure. This pressure would be dictated by whatever was coming out of your primary regulator, and would have to be higher than all the other pressure settings on your secondarys.

make sense?

kvh

Sort-of like this, except I only have two secondaries, each feeding a two-way manifold. The shutoff on the end is at primary pressure (30 psi) and goes to the soda water. Each regulator has two primary and two secondary ports. The gage and the line to the keg both go on secondary ports. The primary ports are daisy-chained from the main regulator.

2113-img_0787.jpg

ok got where the gauage goes, so if im understanding this right the last regulator gets the highest pressure? or the lowest?

also, what did you guys use to hook them togther? i was thinking i would proably need something with opposite thread patterns on each side.

All the regs should be getting the same primary pressure in - whatever you have set on the primary reg.

Just get some threaded nipples to connect them - 1" -1.5" should be ample. Nothing fancy like opposite threads needed...

7674-NewKeezerManifold.jpg

(It's actually a bit different now - I put in check valves and had to go with different PC fittings...) :D

Yeah, the primary ports, (one on each side, in and out) are the same pressure, and are all controlled by the regulator up on your tank. The point I was making is that on the LAST daisy-chained secondary regulator, instead of putting a cap in the end Primary port, you coud put a fifth valve on that port and run that pressure to another keg. That pressure (which is the same feed coming straight through all the other secondarys, directly from the regulator on the tank) would be dictated by the primary regulator. However, this pressure would have to be higher than the rest of the settings.

Or I could stop confusing you and just say buy a cap for the end and run 4 valves off the bottom.

Here's a flickr link of mine with part numbers from McMaster Carr. Another picture has the ball check valves from Northern Brewer.

kvh

Back