Manifold in Keggle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prodigalx2

Reaction score
Has anyone had reasonable success using a soldered copper manifold in a Keggle? If so could you post pics or explain how you designed it? Thanks for your help!

Edit: I should probably mention that this will be for my mash tun. Thanks again!

Personally I wouldn't solder it for cleaning purposes, simply dry fit it together. You could drill a hole through the fitting and pipe and tie it together with copper wire (or stainless)if it doesn't stay together, that way it can be disassembled when needed.

That being said, I use a cooler for mash tun.

I would have shown mine, but it was neither handy nor worked. I think possibly it's just a better idea to get a false bottom... As much as I hate to admit defeat.

Here's my manifolds - both copied from someone else's work here on the forum. The single is in the kettle:

KegManifold.jpg

TunManifold.jpg

TunManifoldUpsidedown.jpg

All the elbows and piping can be had at Lowes, etc. Definitely buy a tube cutter. The slots are just hack blade width.

I'm very happy with the manifold in the mash tun ( I disassemble after each brew and put all the pieces in the dishwasher)

The one in the keggle - well, it leaves a gallon of wort behind so I'm not so happy. I'm pondering whether to work on it somemore or consign the gallon to the Beer Gods as an offering.

Cheers!

Back