Mango puree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boris2012

Reaction score
I'll admit, I panicked. I made an IPA and into the secondary, added 2 pounds of pasteurized mango puree. It stayed in suspension even into the bottling bucket, and would not settle out (it was a P.I.T.A. to rack to the bottling bucket due to chunks). Although cloudy when I did it, she's bottled and clearing nicely after a week, but....
there are particles suspended in the bottles. Lots. and a 1/2 -3/4" of pulpy, cloudy mess on the bottom (this is my 25th batch of beer). I can pour a beer without dislodging a lot trub, but this seems a bit much, especially the suspended gunk.
Anyone think chilling will crash the crud? Has anyone ever had to strain a beer when pouring? Samples indicate the flavor will be terrific. Lots of fresh juicy flavors and 3 ounces of dry hops in the secondary. A mango right-cross to the nose. I don't want to loose it.
So, strain pour? Tea infuser?

If it were me I'd be patient (which isn't easy for me) and wait it out. Maybe give it another few days in the bottle before chilling, then a few days in the fridge until I drink it. See what happens at that point.

Back