Man, I love sandwiches.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the statement that homemade is better, is akin to homebrew is better.

I see it like this:

The best food or beer on the face of the earth is home made.

The WORST food or beer on earth, is also homemade....

Any decent cook will do better than McDonalds is what anoldur was saying.

And to add to this

It does not take that much more effort to make good food great. It just takes a little love. Unfortunately cafeterias never seem to order enough of that, and it is not even on the ingredient list in fast food restaurants.

I am taking a stab at the THRONE HERE!!!! (also posted in What did I cook? thread)
Mega burgers.

Homemade bread
Homegrown tomatoes
Homegrown banana peppers
Headbanger's Smoked Cheddar...HEADBANGER'S awesome pellet grill cold smoked GOOOOD cheddar!
Mayo, grey poupon......onions
Fried potatos

View attachment 217423

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407943767.060457.jpg

Ok everyone's Sammie's look better than mine but just had a scrapple, pork roll sandwich with American cheese and runny eggs. Good thing I drink alcohol to thin the blood back out. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408404153.835431.jpg

I'm not sure if my the flavors in my beer are off or complex 😳

Ok everyone's Sammie's look better than mine but just had a scrapple, pork roll sandwich with American cheese and runny eggs. Good thing I drink alcohol to thin the blood back out. View attachment 218612

Im sorry, like button, for touching you like that.

What a great thread. I think sandwiches are my favorite food. I eat them all the time. The possibilities are endless and they never get old because of that. My grandma used to call a sandwich a wedge. "You boys go fetch yourself a wedge." lol.
I went to Which Wich for the first time the other day and you can actually design and write your own sandwich on a to go bag and they make it for you. It's incredible.

All of these posts (and some good looking sandwiches) and nobody has mentioned Underwoods Deviled Ham? I like it on toast, delicious! It's also good on crackers, in a salad, with eggs, mixed in with hash browns......or just straight out of the can. I even keep a few cans of it in my truck in case I ever get stranded in a blizzard or something.

All of these posts (and some good looking sandwiches) and nobody has mentioned Underwoods Deviled Ham? I like it on toast, delicious! It's also good on crackers, in a salad, with eggs, mixed in with hash browns......or just straight out of the can. I even keep a few cans of it in my truck in case I ever get stranded in a blizzard or something.

I don't think I've ever tried it. I've had potted meat. I picked some up for a caving trip one time years back and was eating it in the mostly dark van as we drove back to the camp from the cave. A friend asked me how I liked it and I said it was just fine. Then he turned the lights on so I could see what it was made of...

It's basically all of the stuff that doesn't go into any other meat-like product, all ground up very fine so you can't tell what it is.

Still tasty on crackers!

I don't think I've ever tried it. I've had potted meat. I picked some up for a caving trip one time years back and was eating it in the mostly dark van as we drove back to the camp from the cave. A friend asked me how I liked it and I said it was just fine. Then he turned the lights on so I could see what it was made of...

It's basically all of the stuff that doesn't go into any other meat-like product, all ground up very fine so you can't tell what it is.

Still tasty on crackers!

I'm not a big fan of potted meat, but deviled ham is crazy good. It smells like cat food, but it has a peppery, smokey flavor. Some cans have more fat floating on top than others, and that is what makes it a great survival type food, lots of calories in a small package, and a pull tab, too. I scrape the the floating fat off the top, cause I'm not generally in a survival situation when I eat it.:)

Cheese sausage, egg and banana pepper sandwich along with a milk stout. For some reason it works.

20140919_213959_Copy.jpg

Also to take a stab at the throne (yes, a hamburger is technically a sandwich)

20140628_190630_Copy.jpg

400 grams of mince made from steak and pork fat.
2 slices of cheddar, one American, one sharp British.
1 layer of ketchup.
1 layer of chipotle mayo
Raw onions
Banana peppers
Jalapenos
Pickled cucumbers.

That looks good! I hope your sharing! If I ate all that I would have to have a nap!

That looks good! I hope your sharing! If I ate all that I would have to have a nap!

Luckily it was 2 separate meals. I'm fairly sure eating both in one meal is like putting in an official request for a heart attack.

My family is Norwegian/Swedish so a rule is "There has to be enough food at every family gathering to make sure that nobody leaves alive".

Potted meat? We called it spotted dog meat. It's what we ate when we were poor. Astor brand. We only had the fancy paper wrapped cans when times were rich.

Potted meat? We called it spotted dog meat. It's what we ate when we were poor. Astor brand. We only had the fancy paper wrapped cans when times were rich.

Yeah, I grew up on chipped beef gravy over toast. Years later, I was telling my mom how much I liked that stuff, and asked her if she'd make it for me sometime, she was kinda evasive about it, and finally said "we had that when we couldn't afford anything else, I don't really want to bring back those memories". I was baffled, I never associated that meal with being poor, even when we weren't poor anymore.

I've had guys come up to me at work when I'm eating Deviled ham and say "hey, Tommy's eating c-rats again".:D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411427139.855803.jpg.

Not sure this qualifies but these are my best egg in a nest to date.

I don't get it. Why not just fry the eggs and put them on TOP of the toast??

There is something about the bread absorbing some egg and melted butter when it cooks that makes it a little bit French toast and and a little bit fried egg sandwich in one. Also for a lot of people their are memories of mom or grandma making them. Love these darn things

I don't get it. Why not just fry the eggs and put them on TOP of the toast??

We call them one eyed jacks! Your need to try them! We have them at least once every weekend! Great with sirachi sauce or hot sauce! Enjoy

Latest posts

Back