Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody hijacked the aircraft & is likely holding the passengers as hostages/slave labour. I think the idea is to use the aircraft to commit a particularly nasty bit of terrorism at some point in the future. The 777 can carry quite a payload, use your imagination as to the possibilities. Even empty, they crash it into, say, a nuclear reactor & we've got some MAJOR problems. Just my 2 cents worth.
Regards, GF.

Either what G.F. said, above, or....the hijackers ended up going all the way into the Bermuda Triangle, where the airplane, passengers and crew were all abducted by aliens. But I really doubt that it crashed into the ocean.

glenn514:mug:

I think it crashed, probably same stuff as 911. People got freaked out, but realized what was going on and stormed the cockpit.

Airliner with 20 passengers in the Electronic Warfare Field, in a area known for radical Muslim Terrorism. Let's fly another plane loaded with bad stuff
somewhere else.
Amelia Erhardt this is not. 25 countries looking and no one has a clue?
Strap on my tinfoil helmet and log on to the Darknet.

I'm leaning towards electrical failure and decompression (accident, sabatoge, terrorism) and an emergency course change before the pilots and crew/passengers were knocked out (think Payne Stewart plane on a larger scale).

The pinging from the engines to the satellites indicated about another 8 hours of flight, which was about how much fuel was left. A long, gliding crash into the Indian Ocean followed...

So many unanswered questions, and the whole incident and subsequent events relating to the search are so bizarre...

Even empty, they crash it into, say, a nuclear reactor & we've got some MAJOR problems. Just my 2 cents worth.
Having worked in the nuke field for many years, a nuke plant doesn't make a good terrorist target. At least the plants in the US. A strike on one would scare the bejesus out of people in the surrounding area, but any casualties are going to be limited to the plant workers. And those would likely be from the strike itself and nothing nuclear.

Following 9/11 the industry put many contingency plans into place and studies were conducted that determined a commercial airliner could not penetrate or significantly damage the containment domes where the reactors are.

Somebody with skills stole an aircraft. For some reason, I really hope this is what happened, and I kind of hope they get away with it! I'd like to hope the passengers get home safely too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

+1

images.jpg

This seems like a JJ Abrams plot.

If I had to guess, I'd say they landed somewhere in the middle east. I'm not believing that the US doesn't have the ability to track everything that goes into the sky, especially with the drama in that area with N Korea. I could see some other government picking them up on radar and not saying anything too.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

This seems like a JJ Abrams plot.

If I had to guess, I'd say they landed somewhere in the middle east. I'm not believing that the US doesn't have the ability to track everything that goes into the sky, especially with the drama in that area with N Korea. I could see some other government picking them up on radar and not saying anything too.

Unlikely that a government knows the location and isn't saying. There's political clout in being the first to burst here. Nobody knows anything IMO.

My first guess is that the pilot/co-pilot/flight engineer brought the plane down. Second guess, the Iranian passport frauds.

We won't really know anything until the plane is found and the black box is retrieved.

Unlikely that a government knows the location and isn't saying. There's political clout in being the first to burst here. Nobody knows anything IMO.

My first guess is that the pilot/co-pilot/flight engineer brought the plane down. Second guess, the Iranian passport frauds.

We won't really know anything until the plane is found and the black box is retrieved.

No Flight Engineer on a 777 just a pilot and co-pilot

A plane does not just disappear. Not in this day and age. Something wrong here? Yes there is. I’ve heard all the speculations but not one of them makes sense. Even heard some lady say it was akin to the Bermuda triangle. Be assured, the passengers and plane are not lost; except in the sense nobody knows where they are. Alive somewhere but who know’s where? Next 911 we haven’t seen played out in a way we understand now. A riddle.

Having worked in the nuke field for many years, a nuke plant doesn't make a good terrorist target. At least the plants in the US. A strike on one would scare the bejesus out of people in the surrounding area, but any casualties are going to be limited to the plant workers. And those would likely be from the strike itself and nothing nuclear.

Following 9/11 the industry put many contingency plans into place and studies were conducted that determined a commercial airliner could not penetrate or significantly damage the containment domes where the reactors are.

I'm not in the nuclear field, but if I remember correctly, the plants were literally DESIGNED to be practically impenetrable to aircraft from the get-go, right?

I believe that the whereabouts of the plane is known, and negotiations are in progress, probably from some remote abandoned Soviet era airfield in Kazakhstan or somewhere.

My two cents. Plane "diverted", landed, no hostages. Who would care for 200 plus hostages? Plane to be used for further terrorist activities.

While we're talking conspiracies.....

Didn't Russia invade Afghanistan with troops on commercial airliners?

Kiev better screen all incoming 777s...

Our intelligence community had better be putting extreme energy into finding this plane. The pilot landed it and this plane is being prepared to make an assault to make 9/11 look like child's play. This act will happen very very soon, unless the plan is thwarted.

Anyone read The Lion's Game by Nelson DeMille? I did, a couple of years ago. Islamic terrorist hijacks a 747 (or similar). He feigns disability, and has 2 tanks of O2 on his wheelchair, but one of the tanks contains poison gas. He puts the good tank over his face, then opens the poisonous gas and kills everyone on the plane. Plane lands itself safely, which is apparently possible.

I'm not proposing that is happening, but sawboss's post above, while at first seems laughable, is entirely possible, and reminded me of the book.

There's no good outcome from this situation, only really bad and really, really bad.

Our intelligence community had better be putting extreme energy into finding this plane. The pilot landed it and this plane is being prepared to make an assault to make 9/11 look like child's play. This act will happen very very soon, unless the plan is thwarted.

Unless a government is involved, this plane is wreckage.

You ain't landing a plane, refueling it, and flying it to the U.S. without anyone noticing.

I wouldn't be too concerned.

1. You have to find 5-10'000' to land undetected.
2. You have to be able to hide a 200' X 200' airplane from satellites, aerial recon, locals, etc.
3. You will need 45,000 gal of jet fuel, not too easy to come by, and you certainly not going to put it on your visa.. That is 5 Semi tankers worth of fuel.
4. You will need specific ground support equipment to get it off the ground again.
5. Then even if you could fly it to the US without being found, you would have no fuel left in the plane, the fire from the fuel load does the most damage.

I'm leaning towards electrical failure and decompression (accident, sabatoge, terrorism) and an emergency course change before the pilots and crew/passengers were knocked out (think Payne Stewart plane on a larger scale).

The pinging from the engines to the satellites indicated about another 8 hours of flight, which was about how much fuel was left. A long, gliding crash into the Indian Ocean followed...

So many unanswered questions, and the whole incident and subsequent events relating to the search are so bizarre...

Apparently, this decompression has happened before on a commercial level as well. If the pinging is correct, this seems to make most sense. Made a turn to try to get back and didn't quite complete it before everyone passed out. Then cruising until the fuel ran out.

Apparently, this decompression has happened before on a commercial level as well. If the pinging is correct, this seems to make most sense. Made a turn to try to get back and didn't quite complete it before everyone passed out. Then cruising until the fuel ran out.

A major hole is how/why the flight data recorder and transponder were shut off at different times.

The apparent elevation change from cruising up to 45,000 feet and down to 5,000 feet is also a major hole in this scenario. Though, 45,000 may kill everyone who doesn't have a oxygen mask on. Can a pilot prevent oxygen masks from deploying?

It seems most likely that there were snakes on this plane.

Realistically, I'm shocked we haven't found it yet with our P3 and P8 searching the ocean 24/7.

I've read sources indicating the plane was flying ~5000 ft and using terrain to avoid radar detection. This sounds like a plot executed by an individual with an agenda and not a mechanical defect. Combine that with the flight simulator, political dissadent propaganda and the pilot's family moving the day before, it seems likely that it was an inside job.

A major hole is how/why the flight data recorder and transponder were shut off at different times.

The apparent elevation change from cruising up to 45,000 feet and down to 5,000 feet is also a major hole in this scenario. Though, 45,000 may kill everyone who doesn't have a oxygen mask on. Can a pilot prevent oxygen masks from deploying?

I don't know whether a pilot can prevent the masks from deploying, but the cabin is pressurized and you wouldn't even notice if you were flying at 45000 feet instead of 35000.

I was pretty well convinced that the plane crashed into the ocean, but with every day that passes without any sign of wreckage, it seems more and more plausible that the plane landed somewhere. And I do not believe a single word that the Pakistani government tells us.

Last I heard was some systems were turned off before the co-pilot's final communication with the ground and some were turned off afterwards. So they think whatever happened the pilot(s) did it deliberately. What isn't known is whether they did it on their own or under coercion.

Last I heard was some systems were turned off before the co-pilot's final communication with the ground and some were turned off afterwards. So they think whatever happened the pilot(s) did it deliberately. What isn't known is whether they did it on their own or under coercion.

You can't rule out that the pilots were dead and someone else switched off the transponder and ACARS.

Which means that no one has been able to rule anything out. And it will continue to be the case until the plane is found and the voice and data recorders are found.

You can't rule out that the pilots were dead and someone else switched off the transponder and ACARS.

Which means that no one has been able to rule anything out. And it will continue to be the case until the plane is found and the voice and data recorders are found.

At least one of them was still alive and made a call as if nothing were wrong after one of the tracking systems had already been shut off. It's not a lot to go on but it does rule out some possible scenarios doesn't it? I think it means at least one pilot participated in at least the very beginning of whatever happened.

Shortly before this happened, I started watching a documentary series on Netflix called "Air Disasters". It is very interesting and IMO, well done. Check it out if you're a bored nerd like me!

Back