Making My First Cider, Would Like Some Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do different things, add sugar to kick up the gravity, flavor it, etc. Whatever you do will come out well, but have a plan to carbonate it unless you want it flat.

If you keg it's easy. If you want it very dry but carbonated, also easy. But if you want to back sweeten it you'd have to use a non-fermentable sugar or get tricky try to pasteurize. Lots of posts out on here on different ways to do it.

It will work fine if you ferment the juice alllllll they way down and then add priming sugar/bottle like normal. You'll have a very very dry cider and of course that is fine if that is what you are looking for.

If you don't let it ferment all the way, bottle bomb time!

It will work fine if you ferment the juice alllllll they way down and then add priming sugar/bottle like normal. You'll have a very very dry cider and of course that is fine if that is what you are looking for.

If you don't let it ferment all the way, bottle bomb time!

was reading terminal gravity should be .996-.998, was planing on taking a gravity reading to see if i reached before carbonating

Yes, once you hit ~1.00X ish you're getting close. For a cider noob, back sweeten with splenda and prime with corn sugar as you would regular beer. Much less guessing and PFM.

Chive on!
-AH

Yes, once you hit ~1.00X ish you're getting close. For a cider noob, back sweeten with splenda and prime with corn sugar as you would regular beer. Much less guessing and PFM.

Chive on!
-AH

1 week later gravity is 1.010 - can i bottle without priming and have enough sugar to carbonate?

how much splenda do i use for 2 gallons?

Latest posts

Back