Making Belgian D2 - DAP question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have read through alot of the links on this site on making D2. The consensus seems to be to make it properly, you should use DAP instead of citric acid and cook to soft ball / hard crack. Here's the problem, I can't find DAP right now.

I have Wyeast Yeast Nutrient Blend. I read online that it uses DAP and Ammonium phosphate, but I don't know if I can use 3tsp straight across as a sub for regular dap.. is this going to work?

Last question: The recipe says I need 32oz of D2 sugar. If I am making it from scratch with 2lbs sugar and 3/4 cup of water, should this make enough?

TIA!!

Bumping for an answer if possible as today was to be brew day.. nobody know if you can use Wyeast Nutrient straight across for DAP??

I dont want to sound rude but other than d2 being a type of sugar...I dont think many of us know what a "soft ball/hard crack" is. I also dont know what DAP is either...so...BUMP!

I'd use the citric acid. I use vitamin c along with the dap. Add water at the end to dilute it to make it easier to poor.

Latest posts

Back