Making a jockey box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newsman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was working at an Oktoberfest a few weeks ago and the venue had their own jockey box with Sanke taps. When the festival was over, I helped clean up and dumped the jockey box. Instead of a plate chiller they had SS coils for each tap.
Since I have an extra cooler, I'm thinking of doing the same thing for times when I want to take my home brew "on the road" to share. Is *any* stainless OK or should I buy and disassemble a stainless IC? Also, what OD would you recommend getting? I'm seeing Keg Connection has a "kit" for $140 per tap, but that's got a tap, which I don't need. :) They also have just the steel coil (50') for $93, plus the tail piece and the shank and... :) When I add it all up, it would almost be worth it to buy the $140 "kit" and sell the taps.

Thoughts / suggestions???

I've built my own jockey box and bar the fleeting feeling of accomplishment, I spent as much or more then buying a completed box. It is the connectors, tools, etc. that makes these things so expensive, the cooler is the cheap part.

Sent from the window of an airplane...

Back