Magic Chef HMAR440SE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chask31

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever converted this particular model to a 2 tap corny kegerator? Home Depot has a good deal and I'm wondering if it could fit 2 kegs without much cutting. It is not an in store item so I can't go check it out with cutouts..

I'm wondering the same thing...I've been eyeing this fridge as it's a good price and has no freezer. Just want to make sure it can fit 2 kegs. Would also love for someone else to cut through the top first!

I'm not worried about the top so much since the refrigerant should be in the plate on the back wall. I have seen videos where they had to cut the plastic side wall and scrape away some of the foam insulation to make the kegs fit. I don't really want to deal with all of that.

I was looking at this for a single-carboy 6.5 gal fermentation chamber.

I am limited on space, hence the idea of a mini fridge...

Anyone own/seen it and know the interior dimensions? A few unanswered questions on Home Depot's site and no answers. I can't find one in a store either.

I called their support line, and what do ya know...

bBDKS2C.jpg

It will be very tight. I have my corny kegs designed at 8.5". That red sliver (below) is the overlap of the kegs according to the above dimensions.

In the picture above they have the dashed lines that I assume are the door seal which should give enough wiggle room to fit 2 kegs. If not, cut out the shelving in the door and you should be good to go.

GmmwDlA.png

Back