Lubelski Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just purchased a bunch of hops, including some Lubelski. Those are from Poland, AA: 2.8% and the description is that "it's high humulene content is outdone only by its rare, high levels of farnesene. This oil profile results in interesting aromas of magnolia and lavender" Its pedrigree is Saaz and is described as noble-like, floral and earthy. I'm thinking about using it as late hop additions in a Dortmunder lager.

Anyone used this hop? What do you think? Or maybe this would be good for an Italian pilsner (a dry-hopped pilsner)?

Could see that interplaying well with the funk world, Scandinavian and Belgian farmhouse stuff. In addition to hoppy German stuff. Hop-forward English beers too.

I've used Lubelski hops quite often. They work fantastic as late additions, dry hopping, and whirlpooling . I've brewed many authentic Polish lagers using that variety that are very similar to German and Czech Pilsners. It is a variety of hops that is well suited to Pilsners. Almost all Polish breweries use Lubelski in their Pilsners.

I've read grodziskie recipes that call for them and wondered how distinctive they are relative to continental noble hops.

Latest posts

Back