LP solenoid valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67coupe390

Reaction score
I'm building a brew rig and can't find an LP solenoid valve. I would like to control a burner with a Cal 9900 controller and a NC ( electric ) solenoid valve. I can't find anything I know for sure is safe to use with propane at Mcmaster Carr or Grainger. I'm sure they have them but have not had time to call them. I though I saw one used on rigs on this site but I can't find them in the search. Thanks in advance!!! :mug:

I found some threads in the forum and got part numbers but I cant find a supplier for the pilot safety valve Baso h19 al-1 none on ebay. Will an Asco valve be cheaper instead of a STC?

Quite a few members on here use the STC valves with no troubles. You can also add a Baso H15 pilot safety valve and have the same type of control as the Honeywell valve. They do pop up on ebay time to time.

Edit: H15 valve is for low pressure systems only!

I see that this Honeywell is for NG. Could someone lead me to a Propane one with a direct spark/w safety rather than a pilot?

You should be able to change the orifice out for a LP orifice. As far as I know, the Honeywell valve is what is normally used in furnace applications. Maybe getting in touch with your local heating and cooling folks would be a good source of "reconditioned" parts?

idea.gif

All Honeywell gas modules I have in house come with a LP gas convertion kit.
The only thing I had to do, adjust the internal pressure regulator.

I use both standing & intermittent pilot Honeywell valves.

Part number for intermittent pilot valve: VR8204 A 2076
Gas_Valve.jpg

Ignition module number : S8600H or S8610U

Burner_Electrical_Control.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

All Honeywell gas modules I have in house come with a LP gas convertion kit.
The only thing I had to do, adjust the internal pressure regulator.

I use both standing & intermittent pilot Honeywell valves.

Part number for intermittent pilot valve: VR8204 A 2076
Gas_Valve.jpg

Ignition module number : S8600H or S8610U

Burner_Electrical_Control.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Claudius,

So if I purchase the intermittent pilot valve and the ignition module I would then need a propane conversion kit to get this to work? (Considering I also have a temperature controller.)

So if I purchase the intermittent pilot valve and the ignition module I would then need a propane conversion kit to get this to work? (Considering I also have a temperature controller.)

The convertion kit is included in the box.
The kit is a new spring and colored cap.

You can turn on the unit by suppling 24 VAC to the ignition module through a switch, thermostat or temp controller.

If cost is the issue go with the standing pilot version, costs $100.00 less.

Do they make a high pressure combo valve?
Not to my knowledge.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Good deal!!! Thanks for the help on this. I'm glad I read through the other threads too. I didn't even think of the safety valve. HBT saves the earth another explosion!

Back