Lowes 8.9 Chest Freezer Price drop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcrabb22

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been shopping for chest freezers and decided on the Whirlpool 8.9 cu ft model at Lowes for my kegerator. The main reason being the Whirlpool model is about 1 1/2 inches deeper than most other similar sized models which allow you to place 2 corny kegs in a line front to back, and for this particular model 5 kegs without using compressor shelf (see sticky on chest freezer sizing for picture). Lowes is the only place I have found this Whirlpool model freezer. Today I noticed a $30 price drop to $268 and the addition of several Frigidarie models that will be available Sept. 3.. I am guessing Lowes is switching from Whirlpool to Frigidaire and lowered the prices to clear them out. I will emphasize this is only a guess but I am pulling the purchase trigger today.

Yeah, I saw your videos on the conversion you did. Good stuff! It had been $298 this past week when I was looking. Don't know why the difference

I've looked at those same freezers from Lowes for some time. They were $268 and went up to $298 about a month ago. Yesterday they dropped to $268 again. I called the appliance department at Lowe's and the guy confirmed that there was a pricing discrepancy and that the $268 is the price they should have had all along. I'm picking mine up this weekend.

Does lowes have a bigger one that might fit 6 or 7 kegs?

I have a 14.8 with 8 ball locks. Just remember ball locks are taller and a smaller diameter compared to pin locks. I think I can only fit 6 maybe 7 pin locks.

Back