Low pressure gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCondor

Reaction score
Is it normal for the low pressure gauge to drop overnight while carbing. Kegged Saturday and put keg and tank in the fridge. Set to 10psi, was gone Sunday. Woke up this morning and low gauge read about 7psi. Is this just everything adjusting to the cold?

Condor, this sounds like what was happening to me. Everyone that responded seemed to think that this was normal and it was just everything adjusting to the cold. My setup has started to even out after a couple days. Still dropped 1-2 psi overnight but not as quickly as before.

Here are some responses I got: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/co2-pressure-supposed-drop-513669/

So I turned the shutoff valve to the keg off and the gauge shows 11psi. Then open the valve and goes down to about 9.5psi. It doesn't equalize. Does that make sense to anyone?

Not sure what kind my regulator is, I got it off ebay. It is a dual gauge.

I think I read that you should pressurize the keg, then let a little pressure off using the pressure relief valve on the regulator to make sure you have an accurate reading.

Latest posts

Back