Love Temperature switch efficient wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDachshunds

Reaction score
After picking up the latest BYO, I decided to build a keezer. I went with the Love TSX-10140

http://www.drillspot.com/products/466548/Love_TSX-10140_Temperature_Switch

I know there are other threads on how to wire this, but I want to know the most efficient way to wire it. I found this wiring diagram.

LoveWiring2.jpg

Should I just snip the fridge manufacturers power cord outside the freezer attach an extension cord to the 120 power end and run that to the controller to terminals 7, 8 and 10. Then run one wire back from terminal 11 and tie that to the neutral on the compressor side of the snipped power cord? Then reattach the power and ground from the snipped cord. I know this is probably a confusing description, I can make a diagram if needed.

Also I was thinking of running the cords along the collar once inside the freezer. Any reasons to run it elsewhere?

If it were me, I wouldn't cut the power cord for the freezer. I would get an extension cord, cut it in half, and use the male end to get power to the controller and the female end to plug the freezer into.

Or put the controller in a project box with a standard receptacle on it, like a lot of people do with the inexpensive 2-stage ebay aquarium controllers.

If it were me, I wouldn't cut the power cord for the freezer. I would get an extension cord, cut it in half, and use the male end to get power to the controller and the female end to plug the freezer into.

Or put the controller in a project box with a standard receptacle on it, like a lot of people do with the inexpensive 2-stage ebay aquarium controllers.

That makes more sense, thanks. I think I am going to mount the controller in the front collar of the keezer. But thanks for the project box idea, I may use that if I build a fermenting chamber.

What I did was use the wires going to/from the stock temperature controller of my fridge. What you search the web for the repair diagram for the unit you have. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ is a good place to start. In most units the part your looking for is "Cool Control". On my fridge the wires were attached to the controller by basic wire connectors. So I attached the opposite side connector and ran my wires to the love controller. No so "damage" done all I have to is unplug the wires the the Love and reattach to the stock controller. This (Side By Side Ferm Chamber) is my inspiration. The 12th picture down is the stock controller and the 21st picture is it wired up.

FDillon00 said:
What I did was use the wires going to/from the stock temperature controller of my fridge. What you search the web for the repair diagram for the unit you have. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ is a good place to start. In most units the part your looking for is "Cool Control". On my fridge the wires were attached to the controller by basic wire connectors. So I attached the opposite side connector and ran my wires to the love controller. No so "damage" done all I have to is unplug the wires the the Love and reattach to the stock controller. This (Side By Side Ferm Chamber) is my inspiration. The 12th picture down is the stock controller and the 21st picture is it wired up.

I think I'll still go the cut extension cord route, just because that way I won't have to modify the freezer at all. I can just plug it into the extension cord to the temp switch.

And the temp switch and freezer temp control shouldn't fight right? Since the freezer control will always be wanting to cool, then the temp switch will be the one in control.

And the temp switch and freezer temp control shouldn't fight right? Since the freezer control will always be wanting to cool, then the temp switch will be the one in control.

Correct. The controller will be set at a higher temp than the freezer thermostat, so that puts the controller ultimately in charge.

One last electrical question for you walker, if ur still watching the thread.

I've seen some people use computer fans to circulate the air. First, how do you get the 12v for the fan? Will I have to buy a seperately power supply for the fan?

Also, where is the fan mounted usually? Are they usually totally inside the keezer at the bottom? Should I run this wire through the collar as well?

Thanks for the help! The project starts tomorrow and hoping to finish by Monday. I'll post build pics as I progress.

Yeah, you'll need to get a 12v power source from somewhere... I have a ton of ac/dc adapters in a box cause I never throw that junk away. If you have old adapters, look for one close to 12v.

As for where to put the fan. No idea. Probably doesn't much matter as long as you get the air moving.

Back