Lots of sidearms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbennett78

Reaction score
So my hop plants have lots of sidearms ( 2ft plus in length) but no burrs have formed:drunk: yet.... These are 2nd year plants in containers and appear to be healthy. They are nugget and magnum. My question is if they are going to produce or not? Are nugget and magnum late bloomers or what? I see all of the pictures lately of people that already have cones and am getting nervous. What am I doing wrong?

dbennett78 said:
So my hop plants have lots of sidearms ( 2ft plus in length) but no burrs have formed:drunk: yet.... These are 2nd year plants in containers and appear to be healthy. They are nugget and magnum. My question is if they are going to produce or not? Are nugget and magnum late bloomers or what? I see all of the pictures lately of people that already have cones and am getting nervous. What am I doing wrong?

What part of the country? I'm *just* starting to get burrs on one of mine - 1st year centennial rhizome. The others have either barely grown or didn't grow at all.

im in northern PA. I got some cones out of my first year Magnum last year...I just hope they arent going dormant with this "fall type" weather we are getting. Im sure they will produce, just getting impatient haha

Back