Lost carbonation from keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howe940

Reaction score
Hi, I must of had a leak from my keg over the last 7 days. Ive poured my first pint but flat.

Can I salvage brew at this stage?

And by what means would be best?

More details needed. What kind of keg? Was it on CO2 for carbonation or were you naturally carbonating? It is probably okay if you kept everything sanitary. Just force carbonate again.

What pressure? How long are your serving lines? What line are you using? Are you familiar with draft system balancing? You may have carbonation in the keg but lose it dispensing. I use soapy water in a spray bottle to check for co2 leaks, they will bubble.

I naturally carbonated but added a 10g co2 bottle.

?? lol, is this a troll? ;) well for force carbing a 5 gallon corny, you'd need 3 times 10g's.....i use 1.3oz's...and i serve at 8 psi....

edit: i didn't catch the "but" first read....??? how do you plan on serving this keg?

edit #2: i'm sorry, and Welcome! i damn near left getting a greatting like that hear...but it's kinda weird your post....so you naturally carbed in a assumed 5 gallon corny, then gave it an extra 10g can....and it's not pouring?

Last edited:
on a serious note, if you pull the PRV, does it hiss? that would be proof your lid or gas line are leaking, or PRV...unless your fridge is full of beer!

One thing to note is that often corny kegs won't seal under natural carbonation - the o-ring often leaks under low pressure but will seat and hold when you hit it with 20psi or so. I have since switched out my keg rings with the Williams brewing oversized ones.
10g are you talking about a CO2 cartridge for making soda water? That might be enough to serve a growler, but I doubt it.

Yes sorry I primed 5 gallon keg with sugar then added 2x 10g cartridges. Keg did hiss for a couple of seconds so I thought filled empty space. Must have been leaking over last 5 days in shed as half a pint had gas but flat there after

Back