Losing a lot of hop flavor after 3 weeks in keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeyes

Reaction score
Hello,

I brewed an All-Grain IPA and after one day to 2.5 weeks the beer tasted good in the keg. A lot of hop aroma and hop flavor from Citra hops. Now after 3 week there is not much aroma or flavor from the hops. Now my beer just tastes bitter. Anyone know what could have happened?

Did you dry hop the beer at all? Also, what pressure are you keeping the beer under in the keg for serving?

I have had this happen. I did an Amarillo Ale in the Spring, it tasted great, plenty of Amarillo character after two weeks in the bottle. After six weeks, it had just become another nice pale ale. All that Amarillo hop character had pretty much dissipated. I've brewed this beer before where the hops hung around a lot longer. Can't say why.

try a 15-30 minute hop stand after flame out, works wonders. you will have to adjust the previous hop additions since you will get bitterness from the hop stand.

Back