Look'n for Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MILSPECBrewer

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a reputable website that sells beer bottles in bulk? I'm a military member recently reassigned over seas and I was going to start up brewing again. Unfortunately empty'n bottles, while fun, gets a little expensive.

Any help would be very welcome - Thanks

Define 'in bulk'. I know there's several online shops that'll sell them, but as I'm at work I can't tell you how much they are. Other good places to get bottles are bottle return places (if you're in a bottle bill area) bar dumpsters, and asking others to save their empties for you. Where are you, exactly? If you're in a country that has strict liquor laws *cough*cough*sandbox*cough then this all may be proscribed.

Luckily it's not the sandbox. Bulk is about 50-60 12oz bottles. The bars here don't really want to give up thier empties I think they get a return or something.

Any site such as Midwest Supplies will carry bottles in cases of 24. Usually right around $12-14 (not including shipping). If you're overseas, you may want to find a LHBS in your area or at least in the same country as you. The shipping on the beer bottles overseas would probably make it more economical for you to just buy beer and drink it for the bottles.

Germany by any chance? Little bro is in the 173rd Airborne STB over in Germany right now. Loves it and loves the local breweries in the area!

Luckily it's not the sandbox. Bulk is about 50-60 12oz bottles. The bars here don't really want to give up thier empties I think they get a return or something.

Offer to buy them from the bars at the return price. They get $ and you save $ on shipping and retail.

At Osan right now then head'n back to Germany for as long as possible (was there for 4 years already)

thanks for the replies guys good info

At Osan right now then head'n back to Germany for as long as possible (was there for 4 years already)

thanks for the replies guys good info

I know I have heard of people buying bottles from the bars in germany.

Don't they use a lot of swing top bottles?

Also, it is germany, do they not have LHBS in germany?

Back