Looking to make a electric/propane hybrid system of sorts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkUncle

Reaction score
My plan is to use 100% propane for boil kettle and HLT. I'd like to convert my keggle mash tun over to electric to maintain and adjust step temps after bringing the water up to temp on propane. So I'm thinking a 120v line would be sufficient for this? Please correct me if I'm wrong. So the controller can be pretty simplistic in just controlling the mash temp and perhaps my pump but I can always just keep that separate on another circuit.

What would I be best going with for this purpose? Are there any pre-made decent controllers I could purchase that fits this bill? Or am I going to have to make something myself? If I do make something, where should I start? Is there a book or good website that can walk a layperson through this sort of thing? I am only reading bits and pieces on other posts up to this point. Guess I'm looking for something resembling an instruction manual with a parts list if it exists somewhere that puts it all together with explanations.

Keep in mind I've only ever done basic electrical work on my own home. So I have zippo experience with this kind of stuff.

Back