Looking to get into some smoking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fusorfodder

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All the damn threads that pop up here have had me craving a smoker for a long time. Well I'm finally at the point where I just about have SWMBO convinced on it, so I have started looking in earnest. Here's the catch though, I'm in an apartment so traditional grills/smokers are a no go. So, I'm looking at electric smokers to get the job done. Is anyone here familiar with the Bradley smokers with the puck machine? They have solid reviews on Amazon, but they could be corporate shills for all I know. If there is some other electric smoker I should check out, toss that out there too!

Masterbuilt Turkey Fryer

depending on your budget, these are awesome. i have the first one and it will smoke a great brisket or pork butt. i like to fill the liquid tray with some of my homebrew that didn't turn out the way i want. plus, the digital control makes it almost foolproof.

I have the R2D2 looking one that is electic and love it. it's about $50 and will do two large turkies or briskits no issues. I have even taken it camping where there was an electric plug and it worked great to smoke meat in the great out doors and not have to deal with keeping coals going in it.

I may be late on this, but I have the Original Bradley Smoker. It is great. You will not get the "smoke ring" that you would get in traditionally smoked food, but the flavor is there. The only downfalls are the price, and the fact that you can only use their wood bisquettes. I love it. I still think I make the best pulled pork on it I have ever had. Minimal maitenence required, great customer service. Go here for more:
BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors" - Index

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ka2kpzTAL8]YouTube - Good Eats S7E2P2: Q[/ame]

Do it. I'm making one next chance I get.

I have always wondered if those stovetop smokers worked well.

Back