Looking for Thermowell Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleRusty

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of doing a Saison in the near future and have been looking into ways of heating up the Fermentor, as the basement I brew in typically sits at a steady 68-70F. A fermwrap seems to be the easiest route, which I plan to link up to another STC-1000 since they're so cheap to build.

A thermowell submerged in the wort seems to be the best way to accurately gauge temperature while minimizing the risk of infection, so I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for something that clears the STC-1000's probe? I was looking at one on Morebeer which lists an ID of 1/4", though I'm not sure if that's wide enough to clear the probe.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions in this regard?

My large tube thermowells fit the STC probe no problem. I've also started shaving a little of the rubber off of the STC probes so they react a little faster. All that rubber is not so great.

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of doing a Saison in the near future and have been looking into ways of heating up the Fermentor, as the basement I brew in typically sits at a steady 68-70F. A fermwrap seems to be the easiest route, which I plan to link up to another STC-1000 since they're so cheap to build.

A thermowell submerged in the wort seems to be the best way to accurately gauge temperature while minimizing the risk of infection, so I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for something that clears the STC-1000's probe? I was looking at one on Morebeer which lists an ID of 1/4", though I'm not sure if that's wide enough to clear the probe.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions in this regard?

The 1/4" will work. I use them. It's a perfect fit.

Back