looking for the BA meeting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edsrockin

Reaction score
you have heard of AA and NA, I am looking for Brewaholics Anonymous. Am I in the right place? okay.

Hi, I'm Ed and I'm a Brewaholic. I have been brewing since late December when I received a kit that included damn near everything to brew except bottles, a brewpot, and ingredients. I got a 5 gallon brewpot, some bottles, and a Brewer's Best kit. It was shortly after this that I came to the realization that I have a problem.

Since December I have brewed six other batches and have the ingredients for two more brews on the way. Even though, I have yet to brew either of those, I am already considering what I will brew *after* them. Additionally, I spend a couple hours a day perusing this forum to learn what I can.

I have also bought a couple books on brewing, another 6.5 gallon carboy (so I can brew two batches at a time), a 7.5 gallon pot to do full boils, scored a cheapie, yet fully operational, refrigerator that has been converted to a fermentation chamber (for lagers and such), and a temp. controller. I have also delved into hop gardening and have two rows of about 12 hills of Nuggets (which have all sprouted now) as well as the materials to build up a trellis.

I started with a mid-level introductory brewing kit at about $150 and have since dropped (not counting kits and ingredients) close to double that on other "stuff" and the list keeps growing.

On the "to buy" list is another carboy (for the lagering so I can still have two available while the bock/lager does it's thing), eventually an all-grain setup, a gas burner, more hops for next season, etc., etc. ... it just never ends.

This may well be the most addictive hobby I have ever gotten into. I just had to share that I'm a Brewaholic, and I love it! :D

Back