Looking for place to buy 1/2" silicone tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HitTheTwit

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I was wondering if people had recommendations for the cheapest and best places to buy 1/2" silicone tubing. Please post suggestions for best deals.

AHS seems to have it for $2.10 plus SH
Bargain Fittings seems to have it for $2.40 plus SH

Keep a lookout on eBay, there was a seller many bought from that was selling it less than .50 a foot. Just keep an eye out.

I've been watching ebay the past few days, but no hits so far.

I'll definitely check out mcmaster, though I think that is priced similarly.

McMaster seems to be more money than either BF or AHS, though it has so many options I could have easily missed something.

I just bought some from McMaster, and it was like $1,70/foot for the thin-walled, and like $2something for the thicker walled. I got the thin walled but it kinks pretty easy. You can't drape it over the edge of bucket without it kinking.

BetterSense said:
I just bought some from McMaster, and it was like $1,70/foot for the thin-walled, and like $2something for the thicker walled. I got the thin walled but it kinks pretty easy. You can't drape it over the edge of bucket without it kinking.

Is the thick walled much better? It kinda sounds like the holy grail of tubing.

Is the thick walled much better? It kinda sounds like the holy grail of tubing.

The thin walled is very prone to kinking, and can be pretty frustrating to use. Even the thick walled can get kinked when it's full of boiling wort.

Plus the thin walled gets hot and sometimes really hot to the touch when running boiling wort where the thick walled stays pretty cool even when running boiling wort. I have both but prefer the thick wall.

Speed clamps?

speed_clamp-150.jpg

M_C

Back